Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back in Business

Hey everybody, so guess what, I took my computer to mac Hollywood yesterday to get it fixed and it turned out I needed a new hard drive (again). I was worried it would be worse than that. Luckily it wasn't.

I gave them my computer yesterday morning and asked for a 120 GB hard drive, which he said they had in stock. The guy told me it would take 3-5 business days for the hard drive to be installed, but today at work I got a call, and bam, it was done.

Everything isn't completely back to normal yet, as the cds of my programs like cs2 will be arriving in the next day or so, thanks to Andrew Jarrell who found them in my bin in the basement and shipped them out. As soon as those programs are installed I'll be able to get to work designing a flyer for Mosaic and doing work for the ccm opera, as well.


One of the good things about my computer crashing is that mac Hollywood put the Leopard operating system on it now, instead of Tiger. I'm looking forward to exploring it and seeing how it stacks up.

Anyway, even though it's only been like two days between the last post and this one, I'll give a quick update. Last night I got to do something insanely cool. Last night I got to be part of a small group of people from Crew who went up to the Warner Bros. Studio Lot in Burbank for a screening of a movie we'll be working on.


The movie itself was fairly disturbing and mildly upsetting, and was not the highlight. The highlight was actually getting to go onto the Warner Bros. Lot. We had to stop at the gate and give the security guy our id's, and then he gave us these magical "golden tickets."


The only reason I say that is because once you are past security and onto the lot with a ticket, you can basically do whatever you want and go wherever you want to and no one will care.

We got to the studio about 15 minutes before our screening, so the four of us that were there wandered around the backlot for just a few minutes. First of all, we parked right under the big famous WB water tower, which was great. Once in the backlot, we saw the train platform from E.R. and a bunch of very cool city sets, including a huge city hall. We walked by the beautiful Warner Bros. commissary, too.

As we were walking in, a golf cart drove by with a piece of paper titled "Rory's Death Kiss" on the windshield. For those who don't know, Rory's Death Kiss is the pseudonym for the upcoming Batman sequel "The Dark Knight." No Michael Caine wasn't driving the gofl cart. If he had been I would have stopped him.

Exploring a little of the backlot was kind of like being at Disney at night when the park is getting empty. That was the really cool feeling. It was another great moment experiencing the "magic of Hollywood" that you really can't find everywhere in the sometimes extremely commercialized Hollywood of today. I'm looking forward to going back during the day and hopefully going to another screening there sometime.

Hollywood is pretty wonderful.

On a side note, I do think Newsies would be a great relay for life theme. Either that or Mary Poppins. We need to decide soon.

Sorry this post is a little jumbled together. I hope you all have a great rest of the week. I also hope you all are enjoying the new header image my blog is sporting as of this past weekend. It's not extremely different, but I like it a lot. Anyway, take it easy.

much love,
Alex

1 comment:

Allan said...

I think you'll like Leopard. Its not necessarily worth the cost of upgrade, but its got some fun features that are definitely worth the price of free.